10 Ways to cure from cold
1. Consume many liquidsAs a first cure from cold try to consume a lot of water, juices and drinks (e.g. Tea and herbs in general). Liquids prevent the «drying» of our throat and nose, they help the mucous membranes glands to remain open and so it is easier to clean. Liquids are also very valuable when you have fever. In this case there is increased risk of loss of liquids with dehydration. In addition, the hydration of the body contributes to the removal of toxins produced from dead cells, which increases the agency fighting the virus.
2. Avoid coffee and alcoholTry to avoid drinks containing caffeine and alcohol because those substances tend to dehydrate our body and this is not what we want while we are cold.
3. Water vapour and hot bathsWater vapours and hot baths are the most common home cures for cold. Some people are standing in the bathroom with running hot water; others inhale the vapours over a pot with boiling water. It is believed that the steam can facilitate congestion. The virus is also susceptible to very high temperatures, so it is possible that the steam can «kill» the virus through the nasal cavities.
4. Hot SoupsMany people consider a warm soup as the best cure the cold. The advantages of such a traditional cure comes from the broth, which keeps the body hydrated and it also helps with the vapours. It is therefore likely that any kind of hot broth will bring the same benefits. Research made for the consumption of chicken soup while in a cold showed that the ingredients of chicken soup can actually reduce the swelling of the nasal cavities and help in the faster cure from common cold. Also chicken soup can give the protein from chicken, a substance necessary for our body to build antibodies to fight viruses.
5. Use a humidifierThese devices are a good method to make more humid air. This may help to keep nasal cavities of liquid and thus avoid the blocking of the nose. When using the humidifier make sure to clean them regularly to block the possibility of transferring mould in the air.
6. RestOne of the most important factors in getting cure from cold is a good sleep and generally relaxing. You need to get some good rest in order for your body to resist the cold virus better, faster and more efficient. If you have fever you should definitely stay home, switch off your mobile and try to relax. Most people tend to try and overcome cold with out resting. Experts’ advice is to stay at home and relax for two days in a warm environment. Typical temperature could be 24-25 Celsius.
7. Wash your mouth with salt waterIt may sound like an advice from your grandmother but practice has proved that washing your mouth with salt water is one of the cures for sore throat. Dissolve half a teaspoon of salt into a class of warm water and make five to six gargles. These will definitely relief your sore throat.
8. Do not smokeAlthough you should stop smoking for a number of reasons, smoking when you are cold has additional disadvantages. Smoking can aggravate the symptoms of cold, while aggravating can also be passive smoking.
9. Watch your dietAlthough it is not proven that diet can help you cure from cold, [See also "30 Medical Myth Busters you Must Know"], eating fruits and vegetables full of vitamin C can help you overcome faster from cold. Vitamin C strengthens the protection of the body, protects it from virus diseases and contributes to better functioning of white blood cells, the role of which is to fight viruses. Other food, which can assist you in recovering faster from cold, includes:
Oranges, lemons, grapefruit, parsley, celery, cauliflower
Foods containing zinc
10. Do not ExerciseAvoid exercise and all sorts of physical activity, for 3-4 days in order to give your body a chance to save forces for fighting the virus.
Galveston homes for rent
Galveston apartmtnes for rent
Galveston lofts for lease
STAY WARM EVERYONE!